Monday, April 8, 2013

Chapter 13 - Reorganization !!

NO not financially!!  My Collection !!  After reading many different blogs over the past few months,  I have been seriously thinking about my collection and reorganizing it, and getting back to the basics.

It started out simple.  Back in the early 70's, there was ONE card maker, Topps.  I lived in Kansas City, and was a big Royals fan since their beginning in 1969.  As a kid I collected anything Royals, along with cards of the stars of that era.  I actually kept most commons as well, but some got traded or put in the spokes of the bike (UGH!!).

1969
1975

Than,  in the late 70's, we moved to MN and I started to follow the Twins.  Still kept up with the Royals as much as possible, but there was no INTERNET back than.  So I started to add a few Twins to my collection.

Than the 80's came ......

Topps  -------                   Donruss     ------------  Fleer

OH MY !!!

Early  80's, just graduated college, had a good job, and SINGLE!!!  What I didn't spend elsewhere, was spend on cards.  LOTS of cards!!!  The collection was going nuts.  Everything and anything..
Than the one that really changed it all.....

       
1989 Upper Deck

  
The  90's came, and I met my "Gem Mint 10" wife and had a couple kids and the collection slowed to a crawl.  I would get some boxes and packs every now and than, but not like in the 80's.  More controllable.

Today, my buying is about the same.  I look for only the items I like.  Buy a few packs or boxes here and there.  Just enough to keep the collection as current as possible.

During all this time, the only part of my collection that stayed constant was my Rookie Trophy Cup collection.  See my first blog - The Heart and Soul of My Collection!!  

The Royals collection had fallen wayside, and the Twins collection really did not get started.  I did collect the star cards.

Right now, most everything collectible is stored in boxes waiting for me to build my collectors room (aka man cave!!)  






My wife has been telling me for over 10 years now to finish this room.  It is known as the Baseball room.
But like everything else, it takes time and $$$$$.

Baseball Room NOW!!!!!


But now I think it is time to reorganize and rethink my collection.  Move lots of cards out via selling or trading.  Keep only the ones I really want for my collection and update other parts.

AND BUILD MY SHRINE FOR MY COLLECTION!!!  I will keep you posted.

Thanks for reading..
Jeff
KEEP ON COLLECTING!!

6 comments:

  1. If you need some drywalling advice, I spent ten years doing it. Good luck rocking that room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I don't feel so bad about how my spare bedroom looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had a lot of cards. Wow. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to love it.

    Mine is similar and I know where every single set or group of cards is located amongst the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cory, I know where approx 90% of the items are located. The other 10% is always a surprise when I located it again. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. casino reviews blog
    Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete