Friday, August 6, 2021

The National Sports Collectors Convention 2021...

 






I had a spectacular time at this years convention!  The previous 2 times attending (2017 and 2019) I only spent a day each time, but this year I spent 2 wonderful days sorting through $1 and dime boxes,  along with other miscellaneous boxes that caught my eye.   Also seeing all the cards in cases that are well out of my means, but still fun to look at, and you never know, one day it could happen.  The best part was meeting and chatting with the dealers and other hobbyists.  From here on out when I attend, I plan on minimum 2 days, possibly 3.  I have already started by savings plan.

Finally got to meet ....

   Mike Moynihan from the youtube channel Baseball Collector on Bench Clear Media 

   Mike Sommer from Wax Pack Hero Blog and Podcast 

   Beau Thompson from One Million Cubs Project Blog and YouTube Channel with The Hobby Evolution

Check them out if you haven't already.  

Here are my pick ups ......

Royals from the 10 cent box...


Some $1 box pick ups.. most are numbered insert cards...


Cards for the '76 set .....


"MY" 2 "Big Boy" cards.....   

                                                                for the '59 set


                                                                   for the '61 set

Last minute purchase on my way out the door....



Whit Merrifield jersey from 2018 50th Year of the Royals

Did you get to attend this year??  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

Keep On Collecting !!

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. I was there Friday and Saturday. My 1st time. It was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had fun too. I've yet to see anyone who went say that they didn't have a good time. Oh, and I LOVE your big boy cards, especially the Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My big boy cards were nothing compared to the $$$$$$$ others were spending. To each his own budget! Thanks for reading.

      Delete