Thursday, June 4, 2020

Topps Project 2020 and My project 2020

Hey everyone, hope all are doing well.

I can't believe its been over 60 days since I started my LOA from work!  As of right now, I have 60 more to go.  Time is really flying by for me.

My Project 2020 ---

Since being on LOA, my honey do list is larger than normal, so I keep pretty busy.
Nice weather days, of course I spend doing outdoor projects.  The main one, besides cut the grass,
was to rebuild a 24 foot long 2 foot high retaining garden wall.  FUN !

The main project is the Baseball Card Room.
This is what it looked like when I started ....


Here is as of today......



to the left is my new stereo stand I rebuilt from a larger entertainment center
which is waiting to get refinished.   


Almost ready for some paint!  Than carpet.  Than decor!!!

Here is where the bulk of the items are stored .....


Yes that is a 13 inch color tube style TV from my college days in the early 80's. (still works great) !!

.... in the family room.  My GEM Mint wife is baring with me on this for now.  After that all gets moved back, than that room gets a makeover.  

Will post pics of the new Baseball Card Room when done.

And as always, try to get in some card time !!!!  

Now to Topps Project 2020......
     ( Chris over at CRT Sports Cards has great up to date article on Topps Project 2020 )

When this started, I thought it was an interesting concept, but was not going to get all excited about it.  That was mostly because of the $20 price tag from Topps or around $18 on pre-sales on eBay.
The secondary market was on fire from May 20 until about the 26th.  During that time, one of the Trout cards was selling for more than his PSA 10 rookie card.  Crazy!! 😕 I think I would have bought the PSA card.  As a collector or investor, you do you.  The market has calmed down a little, but those first print cards are still getting big money.

I knew they were doing the 1975 George Brett card, so I was watching closely on what was being done with his card.  The first one to catch my eye was ...   

#75

Card #75 by Artist Grotesk
So I picked up my first Project 2020 card.

Brett's previous cards were..

11 - (1,227)  43 - (2,360) 55 - (1,992) 
and his newest came out today (6/4/2020)

0102-front.png

15 more to go from the other artist.  Can't wait to see what they do with the card, and if I will get any.  After seeing what some of the other artists have done, I might be getting a few more Brett's.

I have also picked up a few others that I liked .....

#90 - Oldmanalan - 41.407
Ted Williams #90 by Artist Oldamanallan
#97 - Andrew Thiele -
Mark McGwire #97 by Artist  Thiele (because it has the rookie trophy cup on it)
EZeBpZZXYAAJbGS.jpg
Mike Trout #100 by Artist Jamieson

There were a few other previous cards I wish I would have gotten, but it didn't start really growing on me until I got that Brett card.  I won't pay those after market prices, but if prices come down I might try to snatch a few, or maybe trades.  I only collect what I like, and at the price I'm willing to pay.

Thanks for reading

Keep On Collecting !!

Jeff

 

1 comment:

  1. I ordered the Trout 100 today, and I've bought a few cards of Koufax, Williams, and the last Mattingly.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete